Friday, February 24, 2017

Square One (Blog 2) 2-24

In the first week, although I was supposed to work on my chords, I couldn't have but start playing. I just quickly learned the notes necessary for the song and started to play. I couldn't help myself I was so excited to start playing. At first I made a stupid mistakes. I start playing Shawn Mendes, Treat you Better because the chords were the easier and I like the song. I keep practicing and then finally after I was getting somewhat good, it hit me. Why am I practicing a slower, calm song if I'm playing the ELECTRIC GUITAR(I don't know why I didn't realize it earlier). It took me so long to realize because I hadn't been practicing with an amp (I wasn't planning on using it till I had gotten really good). I was somewhat annoyed because I actually liked playing the song and thought I was making a good amount of progress. I had to start back at square one.
Then I hit another problem (of course). It was really hard to find song that I could play with the electric guitar, that wasn't too hard, and a good pace for just starting. I'm REALLY into Guns N' Roses (defiantly my favorite band!), and other 80's rock songs, (Although it isn't the most 'popular' music I still love it). But their lead guitarist, Slash, is so good I didn't think I could EVER play any songs by them, or as good as him, so I didn't really look at any of their songs. So I started looking a good song for beginners. As I was looking at many websites there were a few songs I saw they I somewhat liked but weren't my favorite, but I thought maybe could work. Then I was looking at some websites about beginners songs, or somethings I honestly don't remember, and I saw it, Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses (one of my favorite songs by them, I think, I'm not quite sure there are so many). I was so excited. I quickly looked up the chords because I had to see for myself that I could play this song and I COULD! It was basically A, C, D, and occasionally Em (None of those chords are that hard to play). I was so happy that I would be able to play Guns N' Roses that I immediately started to play.
Image result for slash

(Slash ^)

~Stay Tuned~

4 comments:

  1. Haley, it looks like you're enjoying yourself!! Please refrain from using so many bad puns (just kidding, it makes it sound more like you). Are you planning on using the amp at the end of the project? I'm glad you found another song to do! Can't wait to see videos of you playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I plan on using the amp but i haven't got to it yet and i want to improve a bit more.

      Delete
  2. I think it's great how much fun you're having with this project. It's great that you found a song by Guns N' Roses. Also, your "extra" blog was funny and it shows how much effort you're putting in. Keep it up! I just have one question. Does the amp change how the guitar sounds or could you theoretically still play "Treat You Better" only louder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In reality I could play "Treat You Better" but the sound is different and I don't think it would sound right. Electric guitars have more of a feed back or ring, in a way, when plugged in to amp which is much different than acoustic.

      Delete