Sunday, March 5, 2017

Blog 3 3-5

So for a few days I didn't play my guitar for a good amount because I had so many things on my plate and was so stressed. I had forgotten the one day to even touch my guitar and the other day I kept getting interrupted (very annoying). Then I finally got around to playing for 45 minutes the other night and it was great to be able to just relax for that long. In a way if felt weird to finally sit down for so long to play. I was able to play Sweet Child O' Mine along with the music and I was really happy. I was able to keep up and didn't need to consistently look at the music (but I do not have it completely memorized). I am also able to play most of my chords without having to look down. I'm hoping to improve this more so by the end of this project I can play all of my chords without needed to look. The only thing i have been struggling with is the chord Cadd9.
Above is a video of what Cadd9 and what it should sound like and then me playing. In this I was able to play it fine but when having to go to it in the middle of a song the fingering is pretty hard (especially the bottom two fingers)

I continued to look for more Guns N' Roses songs, hoping to find more, and found a few more (Patience, Don't Cry, and Knocking on Heavens Door). I decided I was going to play Patience. I really like this song and it was faster with more chords than Sweet Child O' mine. I thought it would be good to play a song that was a harder so that I could improve and challenge myself. I started to play it and it was harder but it wasn't too bad that I couldn’t handle. I know that if I continue to practice it I will be able to play it as well as Sweet Child O' Mine.
I'm also planning on my next post to be my interview with my expert. I have already got in contact with him and is willing to do it in person or over email which is great! I'm really excited to see what he has to say because I think it will benefit me a lot.



(Jeff Lohan, interviewee)


~Stay Tuned~

3 comments:

  1. I really like your update and choice in songs. I can't wait to see the video. How did you contact your interviewee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to email him because my schedule is very busy and so is his so i thought it would be easier that way.

      Delete
  2. It's great that you were able to play through all of Sweet Child O' Mine, and hopefully you will be able to spend a little more time playing over the next few weeks. I think its really cool that you are able to find songs that you are interested in playing, so I hope that goes well for you. Good luck with the Cadd9 cord, that seems tough, and the rest of your project.

    ReplyDelete