Thursday, March 9, 2017

Frustration 3-9

Today I was trying to play Patience. I have been trying to improve my skills and make the song more interesting rather than just playing the chords and waiting for the next. In the chorus I now have a strum pattern that I have improved greatly on and almost have down. Despite that I still get so mad when I mess it up. It's hard for me to focus completely on the exact pattern when trying to play the chords as well. Then in the verse I wanted to add something to it but when i try to add a strum pattern it is too fast and doesn't sound right with the slow pace of it. I also tried to do this interesting pick thing when you pick the top string in the chord then a pattern of the string below. My dad had showed me it and it was so good and sounded pretty cool. I tried and it and of course it didn't sound right. I worked on it for a couple of nights but it just didn't sound right. I was getting so mad tonight that nothing was working and the song wasn't sounding the way I wanted. My dad kept telling me I was trying to do too much and that I was just staring the guitar and I wasn't going to be playing a the level of Slash or anything like that. I knew this was true but I wanted it to seem like I was able to play the song and have interesting things going on it. Even though this is true I'm still annoyed that I can't do much more in the verse.
Image result for gif of angry  person crying

No comments:

Post a Comment